West Lulworth

a Registered One-Place Study and part of the Dorset OPC network

Places

Click on the underlined places below for more information.


Army Camp


The Cove

Coastguard Cottages

Cove Hotel


The Village

Castle Inn

Church Road

Churchfield House - see Red Lion

Congregational Church

Farm Road

Hambury Stores

Main Road

Post Office

Red Lion

School

Shepherd’s Way

Sunnyside

The Launches

The Old Barn

Vicarage

Village Hall

West Road

Youth Hostel


The Farms

Bellhuish Farm

Burngate Farm

East Farm - see Lulworth Farm

Hambury Farm

Lulworth Farm (East Farm in 1901 census)

Newlands Farm

St. Andrew’s Farm

West Down Farm


Local Landmarks

Bindon Hill

Daggers Gate - see Newlands Farm

Dungy Head

Durdle Door

Fossil Forest

Hambury Tout

Lulworth Cove

Mupe Bay

Scratchy Bottom

Stair Hole

St Oswald’s Bay


Bellhuish Farm and Cottages and St. Andrew’s Farm and Cottages, with a population of 49 was transferred to West Lulworth parish from East Stoke parish on 24 March 1888, by Local Government Board Order.


Burngate Farm was transferred to West Lulworth parish from East Stoke parish on 18 August 1882.

















Boundary map