West Lulworth

a Registered One-Place Study and part of the Dorset OPC network

The Farms

Over recent times there have been eight farms in and around West Lulworth:


Bellhuish Farm

Burngate Farm

East Farm - see Lulworth Farm

Hambury Farm

Lulworth Farm (East Farm in 1901 census)

Newlands Farm

St. Andrew’s Farm

West Down Farm


Two of these, Lulworth Farm (East Farm) and St. Andrew’s Farm, no longer exist, athough the old farmhouse at Lulworth Farm still stands, but is now surrounded by new houses in Farm Lane.


Burngate Farm was transferred to West Lulworth parish from East Stoke parish on 18 August 1882.


Bellhuish Farm and Cottages and St. Andrew’s Farm and Cottages, with a population of 49 was transferred to West Lulworth parish from East Stoke parish on 24 March 1888, by Local Government Board Order.