West Lulworth

a Registered One-Place Study and part of the Dorset OPC network

Britwell Drive

Hambury Bottom, Britwell Drive, Lulworth Cove

Lulworth Cove

Albion Villas

Beach Cafe

Bishop’s Cottage

Britwell Drive

Car Park

Coastguard Cottages

Coastguard Station

Cove Fish

Dolls’ House

Driftwood Cottage

Heritage Centre

Lulworth Cove Inn

Lulworth Mill House

Mill Pond

Millpond Cottage

Pumping Station

Spring Cottage

Stair Hole Cottage

West Lulworth Hotel

Britwell Drive is the lane that leads southwards from the Lulworth Cove Inn roundabout on Main Road and then winds westwards past the Coastguard Station.

Properties on Britwell Drive include:

Anchor House


Coast Cottage

Hambury Bottom

Lovat House

Marys Cottage


Stairhole Cottage

Stair Cottage

Stair House

The Tides


If you have more information or photographs of buildings on Britwell Drive, please email info@westlulworth.org.uk

Grade II Listed built in 1927 and the only Sir Edwin Lutyens designed house in Dorset.

The ornamental lead rainwater heads and drainwork include a cistern marked "Guys Hospital 1775".

It was designed for Sir Alfred Fripp and paid for with a legacy from Sir George Holford and was named after his home in Gloucestershire Westonbirt House.

Weston's most memorable guest would be Sir Lawrence Olivier and Vivienne Leigh, who spent the first night of their honeymoon here.

The house was in the Fripp family until 1962 when it was bought by David Dickson for his mother, Lady Grey-Egerton who lived here until January 1988. It was later part owned by David's daughter, Sarah, until 1995.

Hambury Bottom


Weston, Britwell Drive, Lulworth Cove

© Copyright Jo Turner and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.